The following chapters are not included in JEE Advanced but are included in JEE Main
- States of Matter & Solutions: Liquid state, Electric, magnetic and dielectric properties of solids, Henry law, osmotic pressure
- Chemical Bonding: Kossel-Lewis approach, Molecular orbital theory.
- Atomic Structure: Discovery of subatomic particles and earlier atomic models
- Equilibrium: Physical equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics: Collision theory
- Surface Chemistry: Adsorption isotherms
- Inorganic Chemistry: Entire H chapter, F Block elements
- Biomolecules: Proteins, vitamins and nucleic acids
- Practical Chemistry: Only qualitative analysis of group 1-4 included, rest everything is excluded
Topics not included in JEE Advanced: Hydrogen, F Block elements, Chemistry in everyday life and Environmental chemistry.
Topics included in JEE Advanced: Normality and equivalent weight
Topics not included in JEE Advanced: Magnetism and Matter, Semiconductors and Communication systems, Bulk modulus and modulus of rigidity, Diffraction and Polarisation
Topics included in JEE Advanced: Bohr's Model
Topics not included in JEE Advanced: Sets, Statistics, Mathematical Induction, Mathematical reasoning.
Topics included in JEE Advanced: Harmonic Progressions.