JEE Main is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
The JEE (Main)-2020 will be conducted twice before admissions in this session. The students will have following benefits of the new pattern:
▪ This will give one more opportunity to the students to improve their scores in examination if they fail to give their best in first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
▪ In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and to know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
▪ This will reduce chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
▪ If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she won’t have to wait for one full year.
▪ The student’s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.
JEE Main 2019 Paper Pattern:
A total of 90 objective type questions (with single correct options) will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The complete paper structure is given below:
Number of Questions